Up to £35,000 pa, plus service charge and tips
We are looking recruit a Head Chef to join our acclaimed restaurant on Park Row in Leeds.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly successful business with a great reputation, exciting future plans, and prospects of ongoing career progression in a leading restaurant group. A creative mix of Spanish and homegrown culinary influences, technical skill and modern presentation defines our style and success. We are seeking highly talented, skilled and motivated candidates who share these abilities and passions to lead the kitchen team.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, key responsibilities include:
- management: lead direction and development of kitchen team
- menu development: full autonomy of specials, and input to main menu
- financial: dish costings, managing gross profit margin and budgets
- wages and controlling all aspects of purchasing
- due diligence: food safety, record keeping, managing wastage and stock taking
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for talented, ambitious and motivated individuals able to demonstrate:
- Exceptional leadership, including high levels of interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work confidently and consistently to the highest standards with excellent attention to detail
- Drive and determination to achieve performance and standards, both operationally and customer focused
- Previous experience at Bib Gourmand or AA Rosette standard or higher, preferable but not essential
- Strong financial and organisational skills
- Being fully conversant with all relevant legislation, including food hygiene, HACCP and COSHH
What we can offer you
- Great training
- Share of service charge and tips, which are shared 100% amongst BOH and FOH teams
- Free staff meal per shift
- Staff discount in all group restaurants
- Opportunity for growth and progression
If you’ve got the experience, and share our passion for quality and excellence, then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and cover letter. Applicants must have the right to legally reside and work in the UK without any restrictions or limitations. No agencies please.
Ref: EGN Lee HC 01/22