Salary: Up to £35,000 pa, plus service charge and tips
We have an opportunity for a General Manager at our Leeds, Park Row restaurant.
Critically acclaimed, El Gato is renowned for its mouth-watering seasonally influenced tapas dishes, using the highest quality of ingredients and this is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful business, with a great reputation and exciting future plans, and prospects of further career progression.
This highly autonomous role will require a hands-on approach to management with a clear focus on delivering high standards of customer service and developing effective teams. Key responsibilities include:
- Management – manage and develop the front of house team
- Developing and delivering a customer focused strategy in line with business objectives
- Financial – managing gross profit margin and budgets, wages and controlling purchasing
- Compliance – health & safety, food safety, record keeping and stock control
What are we looking for?
For this key senior management role, we are looking for a talented, ambitious, and motivated experienced general manager or ambitious restaurant manager seeking their next move, with the ability to demonstrate:
- Exceptional leadership, including high levels of people management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven track record in a restaurant management or GM role in a fast paced, high quality food service environment
- Ability to work confidently and consistently to the highest standards with excellent attention to detail
- Drive and determination to achieve performance and standards, both operationally and customer focused
- A willingness to challenge the ‘status quo’ to drive higher levels of performance and growth
- Strong financial and organisational skills
- Being fully conversant with all relevant legislation, including health & safety and food hygiene
What can we offer you?
- Great training
- Share of service charge and tips, which are shared 100% amongst FOH and BOH teams
- Free staff meal per shift
- Staff discount in all group restaurants
- Opportunity for growth and progression
If you’ve got the experience, and share our passion for quality and excellence, then we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and cover letter. Applicants must have the right to legally reside and work in the UK without any restrictions or limitations. No agencies please.
Ref: EGN Lee GM 01/22