Location: Manchester city centre
Salary: Up to £30,000 pa, plus service charge and tips
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sous Chef at our award-winning restaurant in King Street, Manchester.
Critically acclaimed, El Gato Negro is renowned for its mouth-watering seasonally influenced tapas dishes using the highest quality of ingredients. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful business, with a great reputation and exciting future plans, and prospects of further career progression.
This role will involve working closely with the Head Chef, playing a key role in the management of the kitchen and a team of talented chefs, ensuring that the high standards of quality and service set by the Creative Director are maintained.
What are we looking for in our Sous Chef?
A creative mix of Spanish and homegrown culinary influences, technical skill and modern presentation defines our style and success. We are seeking highly skilled and motivated candidates, from a fresh food background who excel in these areas and have worked in similar restaurant roles, with other key attributes including:
- A clear focus on delivering high standards of food, ensuring all food production duties are carried out in a timely fashion to ensure a smooth service
- Drive and determination to achieve performance and standards, both operationally and customer focused
- Team player at all times, assisting other colleagues when necessary
- Eye for quality & consistency
- Strong organisational and financial skills
- Experience and enthusiasm to contribute and fully support the running of the kitchen operation, including people management, combined with the ability to work well under pressure
- Highly ambitious with a desire to playing a key role in the continued growth and success of the business
- Fully conversant with all relevant legislation, including food safety and health and safety
What we can offer you
- Great training
- Share of service charge and tips, which are shared 100% amongst BOH and FOH teams
- Staff discount in all group restaurants
- Opportunity for growth and progression
If you have got the experience, and share our passion for quality and excellence, then we would love to hear from you. Please submit your CV and cover letter.
Applicants must have the right to legally reside and work in the UK without any restrictions or limitations.
No agencies please.
Ref: EGN Man Sous 09/21